You’ll never go back to regular cable TV once you’ve used these amazing Amazon Firestick apps!
The home TV sector underwent a major revolution with the introduction of Amazon Firestick. This device not only gave people unlimited access to the TV channels of their choice but also to a plethora of entertainment options that regular satellite or cable TV could never match up to.
Amazon Firestick comes equipped with many pre-installed applications that will quench your thirst for varied entertainment options. However, some of them require a subscription and may not always be a value-for-money choice.
But you don’t need to be solely limited to paid Amazon Firestick apps – we’ll show you how.
There are numerous Firestick apps that are famous for providing free access to movies, TV shows, and live events.
However, there’s a lot of confusion and controversy regarding which apps are the best for a particular purpose. To resolve your doubts, we’ve provided a list of the top 10 firestick apps that we recommend for their solid performance and are absolute must-haves!
However, before you install these Firestick apps, we recommend that you download & install a quality VPN, which will protect your privacy on the Internet.
Install A VPN
Confused why a VPN service is first on this list? A VPN is a Virtual Private Network that’s used by individuals who are concerned about their privacy. This browser tool or extension reroutes traffic through another server, thus ensuring that your Internet browsing remains anonymous.
Sometimes, you may need to access copyrighted or restricted content. This is generally illegal in most countries and could land you in trouble with the law. Since the government has tools for tracking your activities, it is best if you don’t leave anything to chance.
You can download TV series and movies at high speeds without facing the risk of being interrupted. Some features include:
- High-speed streaming & downloading of online content
- Unlimited bandwidth
- VPN servers with top-notch encryption capabilities
- Kill switch that ensures additional security.
Table of Contents
Top Firestick Apps For Added Entertainment
This is a highly popular streaming application that comes loaded with tons of features. You’ll need to download and install an additional plugin in Kodi for streaming TV shows, music, movies, and for playing games on Amazon Fire TV.
You can select from numerous Kodi builds that are available online, thus taking your experience to another unique level.
From movies and TV shows to movies, you have access to almost everything with this app, thanks to the numerous Amazon Firestick Kodi channels available on the platform. There are no additional subscription expenses to be paid for using this application, which makes it an unbeatable service.
- You can record any TV show by installing PVR add-on
- Allows you to share screenshots and photos
- Provides you with access to thousands of TV show episodes of movies
- Open Source software
- Elegant UI
Android smartphone users might have already heard about Showbox. It’s a streaming application, which allows people to stream TV shows and movies for free. Showbox was actually the first Android app that introduced the concept of free movie and TV show streaming.
While it’s known for being a powerful video streaming application, Showbox is also one of the most installed Amazon Firestick applications. You can add it to your Firestick by either using the Kodi addon or by downloading the application’s APK file.
- Stream movies and TV shows with a video quality of up to 720p.
- Supports torrent-based downloads
- Different sections for Movies, TV shows, and news
- Showbox generally releases new shows and movies first compared to other Fire TV applications
- Grants access to a huge library of classic and new content.
3. Pluto TV (H3)
This is a well-known Firestick application that works similar to Hulu and Netflix. You no longer need a Netflix subscription if you’ve downloaded this app. It serves you new content every time you open the application, instead of sticking to the same old stale recommendations.
It can be downloaded via Amazon’s app store and used for watching live TV channels with ease. Additionally, you don’t need to log in or register anywhere for streaming HD video content, unlike many other applications.
- Offers unparalleled video watch & download facilities
- Has been integrated with unique features that add new hit movies every week
- You can choose from over 100+ channels
4. FreeFlix HQ
This application allows you to stream high-quality movies. It is reputed for its stable programming and prioritizes user convenience above everything else.
The app has different categories and sections like stream and video search, which is a great plus for first-time users. It is among the most widely downloaded Live TV Firestick apps that allow you to download content for offline viewing, thus being a boon for those with limited data.
- Offers and allows you to download HD video content
- Provides alerts for upcoming TV series episodes and live broadcast events
- It has features that allow you to watch TV programs at the same time as they are being released.
Want to watch live football or other sporting events without shelling out anything in subscription fees? Mobdro has exactly what you need. It offers unrestricted access to several live channels for free and allows you to stream content from over 360+ channels.
Apart from that, Mobdro also has an inbuilt feature that scans the web for new video content. When its algorithms find something that it believes you would find interesting, it will send you a notification about it.
- Lets you capture videos & streamlined content, which can be saved for viewing late
- Allows you to savor ad-free content (provided you use the premium version)
- Unrestricted access to free movies and videos
6. Set TV
This is another highly recommended Firestick app that enables its users to live stream various channels. While their basic version provides several good features, you’ll need to purchase the premium version if you require flawless and exceptional video streaming.
This application offers HQ videos to its users and access to top Firestick channels for free, thus making it an absolute steal.
- Provides access to a huge library of sports, movies, and other types of video content
- Free users can search and download videos and movies to their heart’s content
- Simple installation process.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past 20 years, there’s no doubt that you know what YouTube is all about. YouTube offers exceptional video content related to every topic under the sun. By utilizing YouTube as a firestick app, you’ll be able to gain access to funny videos, live channels, news, entertainment, workouts, health, cooking, and a plethora of other video content.
YouTube also lets you stream movies via its platform. It recently launched a premium content section, which users can access by buying a subscription to it. You can install this on your Firestick device by downloading it from the Amazon App Store. Geo-restricted content can be easily unlocked by using a VPN.
- It is free and offers outstanding offline and live video streaming facilities
- Users can make their own music playlists by making a list of their favorite songs
- It provides access to trending music and video content on the Internet.
8. Cinema HD
Cinema HD is ideal for movie freaks who want to derive maximum benefits out of their Firestick device. You can download the app and install it on your Amazon Firestick device for enjoying the latest movies, videos, and sporting events on your TV screen.
You can download this app for free. It offers the best movie streaming services you’ve ever seen, thanks to its massive catalog of movies and TV shows.
- It has remote-compatible features, thus making video handling, navigation, and interaction a breeze
- Has an updated and active content library
- Fetches video streaming web links from numerous servers across different countries.
9. Titanium TV
Titanium TV was released to replace Terrarium TV, a video streaming service that offered free access to TV shows and movies. It can be installed on Amazon Firestick for viewing the latest shows and movies on your TV screen.
It is essentially a cloned version of the widely popular Terrarium TV, which was massively popular for the range of features it offered.
- Catalogs top-quality weblinks to shows and movies and allows users to download them
- Offers HD video content
- Has a massive catalog of movies and TV shows
This is another application that deserves its place on this list. It is a free video and movie streaming application that’s maintained by SONY Entertainment.
This amazing app allows users to search and gain access to award-winning movies and TV shows with minimal hassles. All you need to do is install this application onto your Amazon Firestick device for gaining access to unrestricted entertainment and fun.
- A parental control feature that prevents children from gaining access to adult content
- Offers curated video content
- Ideal for watching HD movies and videos on TV.
And that brings us to the end of the top 10 Firestick applications you must have in 2020. For users who have budget constraints, these apps are the perfect alternative to costly video streaming subscriptions.
Your Firestick is compatible with every application listed here as well. These applications provide top-notch video streaming services to people who cannot afford the sky-high prices of premium video streaming platforms.