Are you looking for a detailed tutorial on how to install Hulu on Fire TV Cube, Fire TV, Firestick, and other devices from Amazon? Your search ends here!
What is Hulu? It’s a platform that is widely considered to be the best video streaming app available in the US. It provides a diverse range of video content options, including movies, TV shows, and Live TV. See our Firestick channels guide to see all you can install.
Hulu also lets you view music events and live sports events from all around the world. It is owned by 21st Century Fox, Comcast, AT&T, and Disney and offers content sourced from all these providers.
Hulu is subject to geographical restrictions, which means that you’ll require the services of a VPN in order to view videos on Hulu when you’re outside the US. VPNs can also help ensure that your Internet activities remain secure and private.
When you’re not inside the USA, opening the Hulu app will display an error saying ‘Unavailable Location’
Let’s take things from the top, right from the download and installation of the application.
How to Watch Hulu on FireStick (Step-by-Step Guide)
You can download the Hulu app from Amazon’s App Store. It is also possible to install it onto Firestick directly by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Firestick Home
- Click the ‘Search’ option present in the top menu bar.
- Next, type in Hulu and hit search. The results will display the official Hulu app along with other applications.
- Click on Download to start downloading the app.
- Once it has been downloaded successfully, select the Open option.
- In case you’re located outside the USA, it will display an ‘Unavailable Location’ error message.
- Purchase a VPN subscription and connect it to any US-based server.
- After connecting to a server in the US, open the app again. Two options will be displayed to you: ‘Free Trial’ and ‘Login’
- Select Login and enter your details. You’re all ready to start streaming your favorite shows!
Disney Plus Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99/mo
Hulu has teamed up with ESPN+ and Disney+ to launch a new package that provides access to Hulu Movies and TV Shows, ESPN+ Live Sports, and Disney+ Originals, all for $12.99 a month.
Hulu App Features & Pricing
There aren’t any hidden charges or equipment rental costs to be paid for watching Hulu on Firestick in the US. The platform allows you to stream movies, shows, and events to your heart’s content, all for just $5.99 a month.
- The standard plan from Hulu has a library of over 85,000+ TV show episodes
- Stay updated with the latest updates from world news, sports, or events anymore.
- A tailored TV experience for customers
- Access to the world’s biggest TV show streaming library
- Partnership with ESPN+ and Disney+.
- Gain access to content from STARZ, CINEMAX, Showtime, and HBO.
Alternatives to the Hulu App
Searching for options that’ll allow you to enjoy Hulu free on FireStick but reluctant to shell out for the paid version? Here are some alternatives:
- Vudu App
- Eternal TV
- Solex TV
You may also go through our best Firestick apps 2020 article to learn more about these alternatives in detail. However, remember that these options may land you in hot soup if not handled with care. Use a VPN along with FireStick to remain protected online.
How to use Hulu on Amazon Firestick?
In case your Hulu app isn’t functioning properly on the Firestick, that’s probably because you’re not in the US anymore.
Use a VPN to access Hulu with a US-based IP address, which will grant you unlimited access to Hulu from any corner of the globe.
Does a Hulu subscription include Amazon Prime as well?
No, Hulu needs to be purchased separately from the Amazon Prime subscription. If you already have the latter, which costs $8.25 a month, the former can be purchased for an additional $7.99 a month as well.
How Can I Update the Hulu app on FireStick?
For updating the Hulu app on FireStick, open Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
Proceed to click on the Hulu option, which will reveal whether there are any updates. If it displays an update button, you can click on the button to commence the update. Otherwise, it means that the application has already been updated.
The Amazon FireStick happens to be among the few devices that provides access to Hulu. However, the latter can be officially accessed only in the US. People who wish to circumvent this limitation can utilize VPN services to use the application from other countries.
If you want to learn more about how to install Hulu on Amazon FireStick/Fire TV for usage outside the USA, this guide is all you need. There’s so many tricks you can do with the Firestick so be sure to read more on that guide as well!