This guide will teach you everything there is to know about installing Terrarium TV on your Fire TV Cube, Fire TV, or Firestick device to access free movies and TV shows.
If you’re a new user who doesn’t know what Terrarium TV is, here’s the gist – it’s among the best Amazon Firestick applications you can get your hands on right now. It’s like Netflix, except you don’t need to pay anything. TV shows, movies, and other forms of video content can be watched for free without shelling out a single dollar. There’s no need for jailbreaking your Amazon Firestick 4k either.
Regular and existing Terrarium TV users are probably aware that the app’s developers had recently announced their intention to shut it down.
Opening the app merely causes a prompt to appear, asking you to update the app. However, it makes no difference at all since you won’t be able to use the application at all. The app went dark in October 2018.
Personally, this was a huge shock. I was an avid Terrarium TV user who could not do without it on my Firestick device. The app was simply amazing, and quite frankly, the best available streaming app on the market during it’s time.
To plug the gap, several alternative applications were designed and launched by other developers. However, none of them have come close to reaching the success achieved by Terrarium TV.
However, what if you were told that Terrarium TV could still be used for bingeing all your favorite videos, despite it having been disabled by its developers? Yes, it’s true – a modified version of Terrarium TV does exist which doesn’t request you to install an app update. You can continue to watch your favorite TV shows and movies at your convenience.
Although the app’s developers aren’t supporting or updating it in any manner, the app continues to scrape new content from the internet. Fans of the app have managed to find several workarounds to keep the app going.
Here, I’ve written down a comprehensive guide that will aid you in downloading and installing the modified/patched version of Terrarium TV.
And that’s the history of this app. Let’s move on to the next step – installing Terrarium TV on your Amazon Firestick device. I’ve provided 2 working methods here. You are free to pick any one of them, depending on your convenience.
Table of Contents
Method 1: Use the Downloader App for Installing Terrarium TV on Your Fire Stick Device
The regular Terrarium TV application used to recommend Yes Player due to its better streaming support and fewer advertisements. However, there have been numerous reports of Yes Player being plagued with bugs. Since the original version isn’t available anymore, we recommend playing videos with MX Player.
We’ll now learn more about installing the patched version of the popular Terrarium TV, after which we’ll see how you can add MX Player to your Firestick. Ensure you’ve preinstalled MX Player before you launch the Terrarium TV application.
Before you begin, make sure you’ve activated ‘Allow Apps from Unknown Sources’ on the Fire Stick device.
This can be done by going to:
- Developer Options.
Please note that users who have installed the previous app version will have to uninstall the app before they start carrying out the steps mentioned here.
- Go to Amazon’s app store and initiate the installation of the Downloader app. You can use Fire Stick’s home screen to search for the app.
- Launch the Downloader application. The home screen of the application will be displayed to you. Proceed to select & click on the space at the right to access section where you can input a URL.
- An keyboard will pop up on the screen where you can enter this URL: https://www.wpacracker.com/ttv
- Once you’re done, click on ‘Go’.
- (Carry out this step only if you’ve been redirected. In case the file gets downloaded directly, you can skip this one) The Downloader app’s Browser section will open up a webpage. Click on ‘Download’.
- Wait until the Downloader app has finished downloading the APK file.
- Once the file has been downloaded, the app will initiate the installation automatically. The window’s bottom right corner will display ‘Next’ at first, which will change to ‘Install’ next. Hit Install next.
- Wait until the installation comes to an end.
- Once the modded file gets successfully installed on the Firestick, an App Installed notification will pop up on your device.
- However, don’t click on ‘OPEN’ just yet. Click on ‘Done’. This is because MX Player needs to be installed first for Terrarium TV to work properly. This version has been reported to have issues with other media players.
- Once the screen reverts to the “Downloader” window, you’ll want to click on ‘Delete’.
- Click on Delete once again – this will delete the Terrarium APK file on your device. Since the app has already been installed, you no longer need it. The next step involves installing “MX Player” app on your Firestick device.
- Click on the Home button on the left corner of the window and open up section where you can input a web address.
- Enter this URL: https://www.wpacracker.com/mxfire and click on Go.
- Wait until the APK has been downloaded. The installation will initiate automatically once the download has been completed. Click on ‘Install’.
- Once MX Player has been successfully installed, a notification will pop up showing you installed the app correctly. You can click on Done – there’s no need to launch MX Player here.
And that’s how you’ll be able to to install Terrarium TV modded version on your Fire Stick device.
- Open the ‘Your Apps & Channels’ section and launch Terrarium TV.
- A prompt will appear on your screen first with the changelog– click on OK.
- Set MX Player as your default player when you are prompted to select one.
- The Disclaimer Window will pop up next – accept the T&C mentioned there.
And there you go! You’ve successfully installed the Terrarium TV application on your Amazon Firestick.
Warning: How to Use Fire Stick with Terrarium TV Safely
I have to caution you here – every movie, TV show, or video content that you stream via Terrarium TV on your Firestick 4k device is completely visible and tracked by the government and your ISP. It has been reported that the current TTV version might even be recording the location of its users. This could result in users who stream copyrighted content landing in legal troubles.
However, there’s no need to be worried since you can easily hide your browsing/streaming activities with the help of a VPN, i.e., a Virtual Private Network, which can subvert geo-restrictions, ISP throttling, and government surveillance.
This is the best VPN on the market and is extremely easy to integrate into your firestick. We have guides on this site that show you how to do this in just a few steps!
Method 2: Use Apps2Fire To Install Terrarium TV on your Fire Stick Device
As it turns out, this method is the easiest installation method that takes virtually no time. However, it’s only useful for users who’ve already installed the app on their Android smartphone.
Others will have to use the first method. For people who have the app preinstalled on their phones, here’s the procedure you need to follow:
Firstly, turn on the ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ and ‘ADB debugging’ Settings on your Fire Stick device.
You can do this by accessing:
- Developer Options.
The next step requires the IP Address of your Fire Stick. You can access these details by going to:
Note these details down.
Here, you’ll have to download & install the Terrarium TV APK on your smartphone, in case it hasn’t already been installed. You can download the file here – https://www.wpacracker.com/ttv
Users who do not have Apps2Fire application installed on their smartphone can use Google Play Store to install the Apps2Fire app.
Launch the application on your phone. Navigate to Setup and add your Fire Stick’s IP address.
Select the ‘Local Apps’ menu available in the app. Search for the Terrarium TV application. Clicking on the application will allow you to install Terrarium TV. Do so, and this app will be uploaded to the Firestick.
And that’s how you use Apps2Fire to install Terrarium TV on your Fire Stick device.
Following the steps given above will help you install the app on your Fire Stick device without causing any issues. However, if you’re not able to install the app, comment below to let us know. We’re always happy lend a helping hand if you get stuck!
Disclaimer: We do not condone illegal streaming from copyrighted content.